Vlingo the innovator in voice recognition for the Yahoo Mobile Onesearch has recently launched a new beta giving BlackBerry smart phone users control over mobile information and tasks with the power of their voice. Vlingo is currently a free download and available on the BlackBerry Pearl, Curve, & 88xx series.
Bottom line you can send a friend a text message without typing. Just speak, verify and send. Basically your phone figures out what you want, finds it and shows you how to get there. No tapping, no thumbs, just good old speaking which is suitable to avoid the no text/driving laws.
Furthermore here is what Vlingo can do…
- Send and reply to emails and text messages
- Search the Web
- Dial the phone
- Look up contacts
- Send a “note to self”
- Voice updates to Facebook & Twitter status updates
- Tell A Friend
- Read-back of the full text or email message that was spoken
- The ability to launch built in programs:
- Address Book
- The ability to launch third party programs:
Over the next few quarters we are looking to see added support for Symbian, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and Palm devices over time, on separate schedules.