I wrote a few weeks ago about how anyone can easily change the Twitter web interface with Firefox and the GreaseMonkey plug-in (here). The great news is that this process is so easy that there’s little reason not to give this a go – you really are only a few clicks away from what’s shown below. Here’s some power UI enhancements I have chosen – and yes, this list goes to eleven.
Have fun, @Eunmac
- You’ll need Firefox. (here)
- You’ll need to install the GreaseMonkey Addon (here)
- Now click the links below to add new features to change your Twitter interface.
1. Nested Replies in Twitter: (install here)
This is by far the most useful script for me. It collates a threaded conversation of replies inside the twitter page. Without this it is very hard to see what conversation took place.
2. Add Bio’s to Friend Following/Followers page (install here)
When you’re checking out someone’s ‘following’ page you get no information other than a picture and a name. Useless! Anyway, if you add this script and you’ll see all their details including a bio, follower info and even last tweet. Here’s me checking out who Guy Kawasaki is following:
3. Sidebar Replies Panel (install here)
See all other replies sent to another Twitter user.
4. Auto shortening of URL (install here)
5. Mentions and unread replies: (install here)
6. Add Friend Name Helper (install here)
Auto suggests names from your following list.
7. Add Retweet Button (install here)
8. Power Twitter. (install here)
This is plug-in for Firefox. It displays videos and images nested inside conversations.
9. Expand Short URLs (install here)
Don’t get fooled by those short bit.ly urls anymore, this plugin will reveal the full url inside the web interface.
10. Endless Tweets (install here)
This is pretty cool, as you get to the bottom of the page, the page simply gets longer so you never have to move back and forth between pages.
11. Add search and Tools to sidebar (install here)
Other useful scripts:
Hide All re-tweets. (install here)
Block tweets with specific words (install here)
Reveal followers. Places icon over those following you (install here)
Shrink tweets with Tweetshrink (install here)
Want to see all the twitter scripts? There are over 300 on userscripts.org (here)
Found any more great tools? Add them to the comments please 🙂