Smashing Magazine comes though again with a brilliantly in-depth article about the user interface design of social networking sites and what makes them good user experiences.
They’ve chunked them down to 9 key points:
1. Simple Interface Is The Key
2. Prominent and Functional Search
3. Prominent Call-To-Action-Buttons
4. Calm Separation of Elements
5. Treat text as User Interface
6. Simple and Usable Forms
7. Real-Time Updates
8. Word-Of-Mouth-Advertising and Personalization
9. User-Centric User Interface
The article is a must read for any web designers or social media gurus, its very in-depth and definitely one to bookmark and pass on.
*note: image by Kleinmania