I held off buying an iPhone 3G, partly because I really like my N95 but mainly because the iPhone lacked a few features I use like video calling, MMS etc. The 5800 MusicXpress is the latest challenger so here’s the first look:
What’s good about the Nokia 5800?
– GPS, Bluetooth 2.0
– Flash 9 built in to web browsing (yeahhhhh!)
– Video Calling, VGA res 30fps
– 640×360 screen
– TV out
– 3.2 Mp camera with dual flash Carl Zeiss
– Touch screen (but does not look as good as iPhone
– Accelerometer (for switching landscape / portrait modes)
– Weight (109g)
– Price (est 279 Euros)
– All you can eat music downloads coming soon (here)
– Can’t see any multi-touch in use.
– Nokia just don’t get UI as well as ‘others’ do. It’s still clunky.
– No transitions (moving between any content causes page refresh).
– Fonts + Menus still too big! (This phone has great resolution but Nokia just made everything bigger Argh! Nokia… please – when browsing contacts some of us want the option to not have to scroll through 500 pages of contacts when we could simply see more on one page).
Accelerometer Game on the Nokia 5800:
Q: Should I buy a Nokia 5800 instead of an iPhone 3G?
A: If you want heaps of features then it’s a YES. If you are obsessed with having an eye-candy interface then it’s a NO.