Now that I am a dad I get drawn to different types of topics that never really interested me.
So I came across this one and it made me sad because it’s so true.
Being a geek myself I enjoyed reading about the “good old” days and i made it my mission to at least teach my child about all the great gadgets from the past.
here are my top 10 that i hope our children will remember because we tell them about it.
- Inserting a VHS tape into a VCR to watch a movie or to record something
- Sending that film away to be processed
- The scream of a modem connecting
- 5- and 3-inch floppies
- Screens being just green (or orange) on black
- Phone books and Yellow Pages
- Waiting several minutes (or even hours!) to download something
- Putting film in your camera: 35mm may have some life still, but what about APS or disk?
- LEGO just being square blocks of various sizes, with the odd wheel, window or door
- Finding out information from an encyclopedia – times before Google and Bing
There are plenty more here